New York, NY — Full-time
At Alluvium, we put machine learning to work inside the production lifecycle of industrial operations. Our products provide operators a portal into the stability of that production and a means to ensure its continuity. We work with some of the world’s largest and most complex industrial operations: oil refinery platforms, power generation stations, and advanced manufacturing plants. While sophisticated mathematics and computation are at the heart of our technology, our products succeed by empowering the men and women working in these complex industrial systems to make better decisions faster, allowing them to focus on their work and trust us with their data.
Our products ingest some of our customers’ most sensitive data and support many of their most mission-critical decisions. The success of these products depends on their efficacy, reliability, and – most importantly – the trust our users have in them. As a Product Director, you will be the conduit between our customers and product development. You will be charged with ensuring that our customers continue trust, and grow to love, our products.
We are currently seeking a Product Director to lead our product vision and work with our multi-functional team to help perfect our products. You will work directly with the CEO and management team, and you will be responsible for both the long-term product roadmap and its daily development machinations. You will also be charged with marrying these tracks with customer and market feedback.
What You Will Do
- Coordinate and manage complex work streams across multi-functional teams, focusing on efficient execution of milestones and timely delivery of product
- Independently develop and coordinate customer feedback processes, and deliver findings back to the team
- Work as a member of the management team to develop new products and product features, and provide guidance on prioritization
- Develop new marketing material for our product, and participate in business development activity
- Spend time with our customers to better understand how they work, how they use software, and how we can improve both experiences
- Determine the growth strategies for our product team and develop the recruiting process for product managers
- A minimum of 5 years of product management experience
- A strong technical background
- A demonstrable history of shipping products from multi-functional teams
- Experience with enterprise software development, especially data-driven software
- Experience as a product owner on an Agile team; able to construct user stories
- Experience working with large and complex customer organizations
- Ability to distill disparate, and sometimes conflicting, information into clear and concise communications for multiple audiences
- Proficient in synchronous and asynchronous collaboration and tasking via in-person meetings, video conferences, Slack, and Github
Important Things to Know About Us
- We are an early-stage startup, founded with a strong technical vision but very little pre-existing knowledge of how our customers got work done. Since day one, we have had to learn how to build for — and sell to — our customers. We have learned a great deal, but we know we have infinitely more to learn as we continue building our products and growing our company. This process is uncomfortable and difficult, but it is what we are constituted to do. By joining the team, it will also be what you are expected to do. In other words, if you are looking to wake up every day with absolute certainty as to what you will be working on, or thinking about, this is not a good fit.
- Our work exists at the intersection of old, hard, dirty, and dangerous jobs and advanced machine learning and software engineering. We are pretty good at the latter, but are always seeking to better understand how our customers do their work. For this reason, we regularly work outside of the office: putting on hard hats, ear plugs, fire retardant clothing, or oxygen masks to seek firsthand experiences of our customers’ work. For us, these are some of our most memorable and exciting workdays. But, this is not for everyone. If this sounds exciting, let’s meet; if not, this is not a good fit.
- Alluvium is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. We strive to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of experience and expertise of our community. We know that our success depends on recruiting and retaining talented people from a wide variety of backgrounds, as well as professional and personal experiences. If you are from an underrepresented group in technology, we would love to meet you.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary and early stage equity packages
- Generous paid time off (PTO) and family leave policies
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Multidisciplinary team to grow and lead with
- … did we mention the fire retardant suits?
How We Work
- Put people first, because we strive for human impact in everything we do
- Stop and listen, because listening is where learning begins
- Welcome evolution, because the best way to do something may always be changing
- Seek the firsthand, because getting it right often takes getting real dirt on your hands
- Lead with humility, because to succeed you must be conscious of your own ignorance
How We Do Not Work
- In isolation, because the problems we are solving for our customers are big and hairy, and in order to solve them we require regular collaboration and communications with each other
- On a single track of work, because building our company is as important to us as building our products
- At all hours, because we have families, and we cherish our time with them
- In the office everyday, because we believe people do their best work on their own terms, but also that sometimes there is no substitute for sitting with your colleagues and building
If you are interested in joining our team in Union Square (NYC) please fill out the form below.