New York, NY — Full-time
At Alluvium, we put machine learning to work inside the production lifecycle of industrial operations. Our products provide operators a portal into the stability of that production and a means to ensure its continuity. We work with some of the world’s largest and most complex industrial operations: oil refinery platforms, power generation stations, and advanced manufacturing plants. While sophisticated mathematics and computation are at the heart of our technology, our products succeed by empowering the men and women working in these complex industrial systems to make better decisions faster, allowing them to focus on their work and trust us with their data.
That trust begins, and ends, with ensuring that our products are always available when our customers need them. As a DevOps Engineer at Alluvium you will design and build the support systems that allow our mission critical cloud-based, on-prem, and edge-deployed software products to serve the needs of users working in diverse and complex deployment environments. You will also work side-by-side with our world-class engineering and data science teams to make sure they have the infrastructure, tooling, logging, and alerting needed to support and improve our products.
Alluvium is currently seeking DevOps Engineers to join our team to help build the foundational systems that allow our products and vision to scale. You will also have the opportunity substantially impact the company’s software development processes and culture.
What You Will Do
- Build and improve configuration and automation tools to minimize manual steps, and remove any burdens on our users
- Continuously work to improve our systems and processes for deploying, upgrading, and scaling systems and software across multiple deployment environments
- Work directly with the engineering and product teams to monitor capacity needs, and forecast demand to eliminate systemic chokepoints
- Improve and evolve our logging and reporting infrastructure
- Be responsible for the uptime and other reliability metrics of our products’ uptime
- A minimum of three years of professional experience
- A portfolio of work that demonstrates your ability to support products as they scale up and work across heterogeneous deployment environments
- Strong independent knowledge of software packaging and deployment on Linux and Windows systems
- Experience working with streaming data services
- Experience with continuous integration processes via Jenkins and deployment via Docker/Kubernetes on Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Proficient in synchronous and asynchronous collaboration and tasking via in-person meetings, video conferences, Slack, and Github
Important Things to Know About Us
- We are an early-stage startup, founded with a strong technical vision but very little pre-existing knowledge of how our customers got work done. Since day one, we have had to learn how to build for — and sell to — our customers. We have learned a great deal, but we know we have infinitely more to learn as we continue building our products and growing our company. This process is uncomfortable and difficult, but it is what we are constituted to do. By joining the team, it will also be what you are expected to do. In other words, if you are looking to wake up every day with absolute certainty as to what you will be working on, or thinking about, this is not a good fit.
- Our work exists at the intersection of old, hard, dirty, and dangerous jobs and advanced machine learning and software engineering. We are pretty good at the latter, but are always seeking to better understand how our customers do their work. For this reason, we regularly work outside of the office: putting on hard hats, ear plugs, fire retardant clothing, or oxygen masks to seek firsthand experiences of our customers’ work. For us, these are some of our most memorable and exciting workdays. But, this is not for everyone. If this sounds exciting, let’s meet; if not, this is not a good fit.
- Alluvium is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. We strive to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of experience and expertise of our community. We know that our success depends on recruiting and retaining talented people from a wide variety of backgrounds, as well as professional and personal experiences. If you are from an underrepresented group in technology, we would love to meet you.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary and early stage equity packages
- Generous paid time off (PTO) and family leave policies
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Multidisciplinary team to grow and lead with
- … did we mention the fire retardant suits?
How We Work
- Put people first, because we strive for human impact in everything we do
- Stop and listen, because listening is where learning begins
- Welcome evolution, because the best way to do something may always be changing
- Seek the firsthand, because getting it right often takes getting real dirt on your hands
- Lead with humility, because to succeed you must be conscious of your own ignorance
How We Do Not Work
- In isolation, because the problems we are solving for our customers are big and hairy, and in order to solve them we require regular collaboration and communications with each other
- On a single track of work, because building our company is as important to us as building our products
- At all hours, because we have families, and we cherish our time with them
- In the office everyday, because we believe people do their best work on their own terms, but also that sometimes there is no substitute for sitting with your colleagues and building
If you are interested in joining our team in Union Square (NYC) please fill out the form below.